Thursday, January 29, 2015

Broken reed that I am,
I come in pain and joy to Thee.
No service to offer,
no song to sing,
no question needing answers . . .
simply,
humbly,
to love Thee.

Caged bird, though I be free,
I come in pain and joy to Thee.
Nothing to confess,
nothing to profess,
no where I'd rather be . . .
simply,
humbly,
to love Thee.

Broken and caged, though I be,
my Lovely One treasures me,
and through the loneliness,
sleeplessness,
and pain . . .
comes simply,
tenderly,
to love . . . me.

inspired by Amy Carmichael - "God never wastes His children's pain."          debbie.handy1@facebook.com

1 comment:

  1. I can write words....but you write emotion and vision...Blessed to know you....blessed to read the work of your mind, spirit and hand...but more, I am blessed that God speaks through you..

    ReplyDelete