Sunday, April 2, 2017


Pieces of me feel cold, wordless, lonely.

People are often difficult and misunderstand.
They hear but do not listen,
observe but remain blind,
are here but are not present.
Today moves them -
no thought of the future, of the pain they cause.

Dreams and goals lie in a heap of rubble
discarded because life happened -
yesterday's ideas no longer fresh, no longer viable.

Old hurts re-wound over and over.
So many scars.
Betrayal, jealousy, unkind judgments/words
not to mention physical pain and loss.
Scars can hurt, you know?

Silence is all that is left.

You, O God, take my silence and make it into song.
Your presence, Your light melt my icy heart.
Your love drives away the loneliness.

By day, Your love, Your light.
By night, Your song, Your peace.
Through it all, the joy of Your presence.

I move but one little lit step at a time.
I pledge no steps beyond what I know, what I can see.

When the negative invades my space,
I must pause and look up.
Pause and praise.
Survival demands this.
Oh, for a heart trained to look up in the midst of it all.

My God, with His lovingkindness, WILL MEET ME.
Never lost, never forgotten.
His goodness in this land.


No comments:

Post a Comment