Monday, May 18, 2015

For the last 21 years, I have somehow gotten a birthday message from God around my birthday.  These messages have come in the form of poems, verses, songs, or words spoken to me by friends. Most have been encouraging; occasionally, there was one with a little correction in it.  I cherish these personal birthday messages from above and hope that they continue to come year after year.  This is 2015's message. 

How am I to serve THE ONE I love?
reverently, humbly -
having a willing mind and heart,
thoughts and emotions in check -
never longing for what is not given,
accepting just where I am and things just as they are -
faithfully trusting in Him who trusts me to trust Him,
listening for and obeying His voice,
knowing He makes all grace abound to me -
There is sufficiency for the deeds and needs of my life and others';
therefore, be generous.
Know Him; know His will.
Wait in silence, patiently and uncomplainingly, upon His word, His move.
DO NOT MOVE OUT IN THE FLESH!
His move may cause movement,
but I will not be shaken.
Everything rests, depends upon Him -
life and length of days for me and mine -
must love Him more,
must obey Him always,
must believe in His goodness unswervingly,
must hold fast, cling to Him who holds all in His hands.


No comments:

Post a Comment