Tuesday, May 19, 2015



Half the misery in the world comes
from trying to look,
instead of trying to be,
what one is not.
 
~ George MacDonald
 
 
Is the back as tidy as the front,
the inside as clean as the out?
Is that which is seen true and real
or the opposite of what I feel?
Do I say one thing but do another?
Is my heart truly for my brother?
Do I love those sent my way
or judge them with the words I say?
Do my actions release His peace
while my words bring chaos and dis-ease?
Is my worship an expression of my love
or just lip-service glorifying no one?
Are my offerings freely given,
or do I begrudge them and am indifferent?
 
A man's heart is a confusing maze
filled with hatred one day.
Another, filled with praise.
Who can discern, can fully comprehend
his heart's own subtle nuances?
What a puzzling treasure to defend!
 
Takes greater hands than our own,
a greater love than what is known
to rise to the task
and keep our heart safe until the last.
 
Did not He who made the outside
make the inside too?
Does He not love and cherish
and know us through and through?
Can the Creator not keep the Created
safe and true?
 
If not, then we are utterly lost.




No comments:

Post a Comment