Tuesday, September 22, 2015

 
 
 
You turned to me
when I called your name,
and your eyes were filled with fear.
Your heart was full of shame,
and you cried . . .
 
"Lord, I've turned and forgotten you."
 
"Life seemed so hard.
All seemed in vain.
Nothing went right.
Nothing was gained."
 
"Lord, I turned and forgot you."
 
"How could I forget your goodness?
How could I ignore your grace?
How could I be blind to your faithfulness
and the love upon your face?
 
"Forgive me, Lord.
Cleanse now my heart.
Open my eyes, my ears.
Show me where to start.
 
"Lord, I come.
I humbly come to you."
 
The past is past.
This moment, new.
I stand here now
arms wide open for you.
 
Yes, life is hard,
but nothing is in vain.
There is nothing to lose now.
Everything is gain,
for never
have I ever
forgotten you.
 
"Lord, I'll not forget your goodness.
Nor will I forget your grace.
I'll not be blind to your faithfulness
or the love upon your face.
 
"I receive now your forgiveness
and will walk strong in  your grace.
I believe in your great mercy
and in your goodness in this place.
 
"Lord, I now
humbly bow
before you."
 
 
*****************************************************************
 
 
Though my eyes have seen many bitter things
and my life didn't turn out like my dreams
and my heart felt so desperately alone,
I've seen your goodness
and have known your comfort
and have felt your gentle touch in this land,
yes, in this land.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment