Saturday, August 29, 2015

 
Let us not be enemies
but live as Father and child.
Let not my flesh be master
and my appetite for the world run wild.
 
Let my vision be focused
on holiness, righteousness, and truth.
Let my heart be centered,
mind visually fixed on You.
 
If I must have an addiction,
let me be wise and adamantly choose
a divine and holy elixir,
a heavenly liqueur
 
that makes me thirsty and giddy
and seek the wide world o'er
for something simple, untamed, alive
over which I have no control -
 
a mysterious wind, a holy Piper perhaps
whose distant music rouses my feet to life,
or a warrior King, eternal purpose at hand
whose sword and might and cry
 
announce freedom for all who will follow -
liberty, fair play, new life,
something worthy - "to die for,"
something enormous, larger than just me.
 
Oh, please let us live as Father and child.
Let us not be as enemies.

No comments:

Post a Comment