Monday, August 31, 2015

 
 
Why do I run
from book to book,
concert to concert,
service to service,
conference to conference,
song to song
seeking spiritual treasure?
 
All this running to and fro,
this seeking,
simply wears me out
making me hungrier and thirstier.
 
Do I want to die of thirst
or succumb to hunger?
 
Why,
when there is beside me
in my own neighborhood
a fountain that never runs dry,
a banquet,
a feast
poured out by Your generous hands?
 
Where else do I need to look?
 
Your eternal, uncreated hand does everything for me.
 
Why seek bread in books or elsewhere
when Your hand will feed me?
 
Why seek cleansing and healing everywhere
when Your hand will cleanse and heal me?
 
Why seek someone else's fire
when Your hand gives fire to purify and refine me?
 
Why look for guidance wherever
when Your wisdom is enough to shape me
into something worthy to bear Your name
and to show Your glory?
 
You have everything I need.
 
You are everything I need.
 
You provide all I need.
 
All is in Your hands, Oh, God.


No comments:

Post a Comment