Saturday, August 29, 2015

 
 
Oh, Love,
who hast made me what I am
and delights in what thou hast made,
thou changest not.
 
 
As the priests of old donned the names
of the blessed on their hearts and shoulders,
so I am engraved upon thy heart, hand, and might.
 
Love, mercy, and strength rest there.
So do I, Lord.
So do I.
 
Carry me tenderly there,
and let thy heart's passion encourage mine
so that my heart is impassioned with thine.
 
Let thy hands' mercy fill mine
so that my hands do the divine.
 
Let thy might strengthen me
that I might stand strong and courageous in thy love.
 
Without thy help,
all is lost.
 
My love will fade,
my strength will wane -
no mercy in my breast.
 
With holy cords bind me to thy heart, thy hand, thy strength.
Be thou my sustenance.
Be thou my all.
 
As there is no shadow of change in thy heart,
let no inkling of treason be found in mine.
 
Persist, mighty Lord.
Persist!
 
Please do not give up on me.
My love secured by thine . . .
or death.


No comments:

Post a Comment